Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What Do You Think?

Have you ever been accused of getting up on the wrong side of the bed because someone could tell you were upset about something?

Well, I've got you beat because I went to bed on the wrong side since I started getting upset yesterday about 1 thing and today I am going to v e n t about 3.

Grip #1: Yesterday I started getting all the emails about a new $500 product. Of course everyone wanted me to buy it with their link so they were all trying to outdo everyone else by offering an even bigger and better bonus. Now how in the world is someone who is just starting out and wants to not only learn from the product but to also sell it and make money going to compete with all the "big" names offering it to their mega lists with gigantic bonuses?

Grip #2: As you know I joined BlogRush to give it a try. I too had wished John Reese had gotten everything ready before he opened the site but, what-the-heck, it's a new experience for everyone so I'm willing to give him a chance to get it all put together.

Then this morning I get a long email from BlogRush admin with some news about the changes being made. While the message talked about improvements it also stated that there were people "cheating" and what was being done to stop them. Don't you just hate it when people cheat?

Grip #3: While checking into some of the things for the site we're reviewing this month, I stumbled upon some sites that had been hacked. Since I've seen sites where people have just given up because their site was hacked and since I've had to regain control of some of my own pages recently, I have some definite thoughts about hackers and none of them are positive.

OK, I feel better now but I still owe you a tip. So here are 7 short ones.

Tip #1: Don't buy an expensive info product unless you plan to use it and then make sure you do.

Tip #2: If you don't follow Tip #1 then don't buy an expensive info product just to get the resale rights unless you've already got a good promotion method with a good conversion rate to sell it.

Tip #3: If you don't follow Tips #1 and #2 then don't buy an expensive info product the day it launches until you've had a chance to see some of the different bonuses being offered. Then if you do buy it, get it where you get the best bonus for you.

Tip #4: Don't cheat anybody when working your business. Cheaters are like spammers. They spend so much time and energy trying to make a fast and easy buck they end up losing out on the long term benefits of having a legitimate business and just make things harder for everyone.

Tip #5: Don't be a hacker. You're probably like me and have no idea how to hack anything but thought I should say it anyway.

Tip #6: Keep backups of your websites and check you sites regularly to verify they haven't been hacked. If your site does get hacked, work with your hosting service's tech support to get your site cleaned up and back under your control.

Tip #7: Working an internet business can get frustrating at times. And rather than keep all that frustration bottled up, do some positive venting once in awhile because it's good for both your mental and physical health. (Positive venting doesn't mean kicking the dog or anyone else. Rather than kicking or yelling at an innocent bystander, write it down and post it on a blog, a forum or in an article.) Positive venting, when it's done well, can also be good for your business.

I've tried to follow Tip #7 while writing this article and hope I succeeded. However, if you have any thoughts about either the grips or tips, please post your thoughts on the blog.

To Your Success,
Susan

P.S. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Tags: , , , , , ,