Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This Is My "Last" Tip...

Construction works at a prefabricated houseImage via Wikipedia

It's been a long time since I started writing internet marketing tips in January, 2002. And since I started I've written a tip almost every week for 6 years.

During that time the format has changed several times.

  1. The first tips were contained in a weekly email message.

  2. A couple of years later the tips were taken out of the message and placed on a page on the FriendsWhoCare.us site however they weren't archived.

  3. A year or so later the look of newsletter was redesigned however the tips still weren't archived.

  4. Then when Blogger became popular I saw the advantage of having it archive my tips so the tips were moved from FriendsWhoCare.us to Blogger.

  5. And while I still like Blogger the tips are moving again.

Starting next week the FriendsWhoCare tips will be hosted on their own blog at InternetMarketingTip.us.

Now this move is long overdue however it wouldn't happened right now if it wasn't for Dan Shaw.

You see Dan has been an active reader and has been an internet friend of mine for several years. He's also a savvy internet marketer himself and knows that a Wordpress blog has more potential and capabilities than a Blogger blog. And being the friend he is last week he gave me the motivation I needed to move the newsletter tips to their own Wordpress blog.

So even though the tip's new home will be under construction for awhile, that's where it's going to be starting March 4, 2009.

And since I'm currently working the design of the tips new home I thought I'd share

5 Tips for a Successful Blog

  1. Make your blog worth reading. Offer useful information or good entertainment to get people to read your blog and come back again and again.

  2. Include things that capture the readers attention like pictures and videos.

  3. Use anchor text in your blog posts. (Anchor text is when you link some of the keywords and keyword phrases in your content to sites.)

  4. Use social networking sites to drive traffic to your blog.

  5. Bookmark your blog on at least 3 or 4 of the major bookmarking sites.

Having a successful blog is a great way to increase traffic to your site and to make more money. So if you don't have 1 I recommend you get 1. You can use a free blog host like I've done for several years or host your own like I did at SusanCarrollHome and starting next week for our weekly internet marketing tip.

Please leave a comment. - Thanks.

To Your Success,
Susan


Tags: , , , , , , , ,


Enhanced by Zemanta