Friday, April 13, 2007

Fix You Ordered and Unordered Lists On Blogger

Until today every list I posted on this blog showed up as an unordered list (bullet list) - even the ones I formatted to be ordered (numbered).


Well, no longer will I have that problem here because I discovered the fix and here it is:


In my blogger template I found the code that looked like this:



/* unordered list style */

ul {
list-style: none;
margin-left: 10px;
padding: 0;
}

li {
list-style: none;
padding-left: 14px;
margin-bottom: 3px;
background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/tictac_blue/tictac_blue.gif) no-repeat 0
6px;
}



And all my lists were coming out unordered (ul).


I simply removed the code to let all my lists default to the standard and now everything is working the way it should.


So if you're having problems with getting both types of lists to display on your blogger blog



  1. make a backup copy of your template (in case you mess up and have to start over)

  2. look for code that is like mine above

  3. copy and paste it somewhere in case ever want to put it back

  4. remove the code from your blogger template

  5. preview your blog to see if it worked


In case your blog is always showing numbered lists then the code you need to look for will be very similar but will start with ol {


Hope this helps and please leave a comment and let me know if it did.


To Your Success,
Susan


Powered by Qumana