Tuesday, April 17, 2007

How To Link The Titles Of Your Blog Posts

1 of the things I've been trying to figure out is how to make the titles of my blog articles link to themselves since this is recommended for search engine optimization.


I've done quite a bit of reading and found several sites that give the code for doing this on Blogger. Unfortunately, most of these directions totally confused me. Then, by accident, I found that Blogger actually does what I wanted automatically if I just let it do its own thing.


So here's how to get your to themselves on Blogger.



  1. Under the Setting tabs go to Formatting

  2. Enable "Show Link Field"

  3. When you write your blog post, do not enter anything in the URL field under the Post Title and the URL for your article title will be the article's page on your blog.


If you want your title to link to another URL, then of course you will want to enter the URL into the field when you create your article.


Sometimes it's the simplest things that really slow us down.


Have a great time blogging and feel free to leave a comment.


To Your Success,
Susan


Tags: