Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"The 7 Lessons From Who Moved My Cheese"

I first read "Who Moved My Cheese?" in 2001 when some traumatic changes were happening where I worked and I was forced to make some life changing decisions. And while I won't say the book holds the definitive answers to all of life's questions it does help you realize that things we depend on and can't always control can and do change.

I now no longer work for someone else and have more control over my life however I think the 7 lessons contained in Dr. Spencer Johnson's "Handwriting on the Wall" lessons are just as important as they were back then.



You see, having control means you must be aware of what's happening, understand what your choices are and make decisions that affect your business and livelihood often.

So in 2001 when I decided to start my own online business 1 of the first things I did was create an eBook that summarized the parable "Who Moved My Cheese?" and gave it away so that those who hadn't read it could get some of the important lessons.

Yesterday my daughter asked me where my copy of "Who Moved My Cheese?" was because she thought her 13 year old daughter needed to learn the lessons contain. Her question reminded me of my ebook. Since I would like everyone to be able to read it I've converted my 37 page picture summary to PDF and am again giving it away.

Whether you've read the book or not I encourage you to get this summary and read it because it contains more than the 7 handwriting on the wall lessons such as:

  • Your choices when it comes to dealing with change
  • Why you must be willing to adapt to changes
  • What happens to those who expect different results when they keep repeating the same actions.

And since we live in a world where everyone must learn to adapt to change feel free to give this ebook to others.

Click here to get your copy.

To Your Success,
Susan

P. S. While I think the summary is good, reading the book is even better. It's a short read of less than 100 pages and there's a great discussion at the end of the book. You can get it here.

Please rate this article. Thanks.


Tags: , ,

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]